IMB RHD Committee
The Institute for Molecular Bioscience Research Higher Degrees (RHD) Committee serves as an advisory committee to the IMB Postgraduate Coordinator.
The IMB RHD Committee has responsibility for:
- Reviewing applications and awarding IMB Postgraduate Awards;
- Reviewing and providing advice on IMB RHD policy and practice;
- Reviewing and providing advice on UQ RHD policy and practice.
The IMB RHD Committee membership consists of:
- IMB Postgraduate Coordinator (Chair)
- IMB Postgraduate Engagement Officer (Secretary)
- IMB Postgraduate Administrative Officer
- IMB Division Representatives, plus alternates
- IMB Students of the Institute for Molecular Bioscience Association (SIMBA) Representative
- IMB ECR Representative
Current (2014) IMB representatives (and alternates) are:
- Rob Capon - Chemistry and Structural Biology (CASB)
- George Muscat - Cell Biology and Molecular MEdicine (CBMM)
- Cas Simons - Genomics of Development and Disease (GDD)
- Bronwyn Smithies - IMB SIMBA
- Allan McRae - Genomics of Development and Disease (GDD)
IMB Division representatives inform Laboratory Heads (within their Division) of postgraduate policy, administration and practice, leading discussions, seeking opinions, and reporting back to the IMB RHD Committee.