Why do Honours at IMB?
IMB is one of Australia's leading bioscience research institutes with outstanding research capabilities. Internationally acclaimed IMB Lab Heads drive cutting edge science, answering important problems, and discovering new knowledge that inform both basic and applied science. IMB researchers discover and develop valuable molecular products that advance modern medicine, animal health, agriculture and the environment.
If you want to give research a try, and make a difference at the same time, what better place than one of Australia's premier research institutes.
IMB regularly hosts UQ Honours students. See Testimonials.
IMB Honours students benefit from;
- Supervision by internationally acclaimed researchers (IMB Lab Heads and their research teams).
- Hands on access to world-class scientific infrastructure.
- Superb office and laboratory facilities.
- A dedicated personal computer equipped and maintained with state-of-the-art software.
- Online access to all the leading scientific journals and databases.
- A multidisciplinary research environment that encourage collaboration and networking, to drive imaginative and innovative science.
- A program of scientific seminars featuring world leaders and cutting edge science.
- A vibrant IMB student body, Students of IMB Association (SIMBA).
- A unique IMB Science Ambassadors program.
- A opportunity to prove themselves, and get an inside lead on being accepted as a IMB Postgraduate (PhD) student.
Key Statistics from the IMB Annual Report (2015);
- 498 Research Staff
- 32 Research Groups
- 128 PhD candidates (50% international, 50% female)
- 337 scientific publications
- 32 patents
- AUD$42M in grants
For more details see;