The Candidature Committee consists of the Advisory Team AND at least two additional non-advisory members. Within the first 9 months of candidature, and in consultation with the Principal Advisor, the postgraduate candidate must appoint at least two suitable non-advisory members of their Candidature Committee. The candidate (or the Principal Advisor) can appoint or change non-advisory membership at any time during their candidature via Pebbles Junior (or Pebbles Senior). Such appointments/changes do not require endorsement by the IMB Postgraduate Coordinator, or approval by the UQ Graduate School.
Non-Advisory Candidature Committee members
- Do not assume any FTE advisory load;
- Must be appropriately qualified (i.e. not currently enrolled as a student);
- Must not be conflicted with the candidate (eg. related);
- May be from outside UQ, interstate or even overseas, although care should be taken to assess the practical value of such appointments;
- At least two, including one from IMB, must attend Milestone Interviews.
Ex officio membership of Candidature Committees
- The IMB PG Coordinator and IMB PG Office staff are ex officio members of all Candidature Committees.
- IMB Division Heads are ex officio members of all Candidature Committees within their Division.
- Ex officio members may participate (at their discretion) in Milestone Interviews.
Although there is no limit on the number of non-advisory members to an individual Candidature Committee, for practical purposes 2-3 is optimal.